IQOS 3 DUO
How is IQOS 3 DUO different from the previous devices?
The new IQOS 3 DUO has our fastest and most powerful Holder within IQOS family.
Inspired by our customers, it has been designed around your needs to enjoy the IQOS moment your way:
- It enables to enjoy two consecutive uses without Holder recharging
- Faster Holder charging allows you to focus on your enjoyment and not worry about recharge:
- At least 2min 20sec faster than charging the Holder of IQOS 2.4 Plus*
- At least 1min 40sec faster than charging the Holder of IQOS 3*
- It hosts our IQOS ProtectPlus™ System for better protection and reliability and NFC chip for easy registration and access to IQOS website
How can I check the charge level of the battery?
To check the charge level of the IQOS 3 Duo Pocket Charger, press & release the Pocket Charger Button.
The Pocket Charger Status light will turn ON for 3 sec to indicate battery status:
4 LEDs = more than 75% charged
1 LED = low charge. Need to charge
How long does it take to fully charge the device?
It takes approximately 120 minutes to fully charge the IQOS 3 DUO Pocket Charger from an electrical outlet. Only charge IQOS 3 DUO device using IQOS AC Power Adaptor and USB cable.
Should I always fully charge my Pocket Charger battery?
IQOS 3 DUO device does not require a full charge to work, however we recommend to fully charge the device before the first usage.
If the IQOS 3 DUO Pocket Charger is fully charged, you may use the Holder up to 20 times.
The Holder charging time is effective only if the IQOS 3 DUO Holder is fully charged the first time or after being fully depleted.
Can I charge IQOS 2.4/2.4+ Holder with the IQOS 3 DUO Pocket Charger and vice versa?
No, the new IQOS 3 DUO Pocket Charger is only compatible with IQOS 3. If you insert the IQOS™ 2.4+ Holder into the IQOS 3DUO Pocket Charger, the Holder will not fit because of different size.
If you accidentally insert the IQOS 3 DUO Holder in the IQOS™ 2.4+ Pocket Charger, the Pocket Charger lights will start blinking, however, the Holder won’t charge.
Can I use IQOS AC power adaptor & USB cable from the previous device version to charge the IQOS 3 DUO device?
You can use the IQOS AC Power Adaptor from the previous device versions. However, IQOS 3 DUO USB cable hosts a USB-C port, which is different from that of IQOS™ 2.4+.
How can I reset my IQOS 3 DUO device?
You can easily reset your IQOS 3 DUO device by pressing and holding the Pocket Charger Button for 10 seconds (until lights fade out), then releasing.
All Status Lights will turn OFF, blink three times, and progressively fade in, to confirm the RESET.
How to check the Holder status for available uses?
You can check the Holder status (how many uses are available without recharge) in two ways – either on the Holder itself or on the Pocket Charger:
To check the status on the Holder:
- Press & release the Button of the Holder:
- 2 lights – ready for two uses
- 1 light – ready for one use
- No light – Holder not charged
- Press & release the Pocket Charger Button:
- 2 lights – ready for two uses
- 1 light – ready for one use
How does IQOS 3 DUO adapt to my rhythm of consumption?
IQOS 3 DUO enables to have two consecutive uses without Holder recharge. They will be indicated by the two white LED lights on your Holder and Pocket Charger.
Once you have finished the first use, there will be only one light left, i.e. 2 LEDs on – 2 uses ready, 1 LED – 1 use.
If you need the second use right away, your Holder is instantly ready for it.
If you do not need the second use right away, simply put the Holder back in the Pocket Charger for a quick recharge to have 2 uses back again.
In most cases, you can charge Holder back to at least one experience faster than Holder
What do device vibrations mean?
IQOS 3 DUO Holder vibrations are activated in the following situations:
- At the start of the heating (once you press the Holder Button to start) - one vibration
- When the device is ready to be used – two vibrations
- When the experience is nearly complete (30 seconds prior the end) - two vibrations
What is the optimal IQOS 3 DUO device functioning temperature?
IQOS 3 DUO is designed to work in a wide range of temperatures, but HEETSTM tobacco stick tastes best when the device is used between 0°C and 50°C.
What is NFC?
NFC stands for Near-field communication (NFC). It enables two electronic devices, your IQOS device and your phone, communicate by bringing them within 4 cm of each other. In IQOS, we use this technology to offer simplified access to the digital experience (IQOS website) to iOS users or users who do not wish to download IQOS Connect App.
It allows for simplified user/device registration, easy device onboarding to quickly learn how to use your IQOS.
Just in one tap you will get access to your key needs – quickly find nearest IQOS store, contact customer care, access IQOS online store and many more.
How to activate NFC function?
If your phone hosts a NFC chip, just activate your NFC in your phone’s settings menu.
The two devices will connect automatically when you bring them close to each other (less than 4 cm apart) and IQOS webpage will open. That’s it.
How can I register my device by using NFC or QR code?
There are two ways to access the IQOS website for registration: with NFC tap or QR code:
- Registration by using NFC Tap:
- tap your smartphone on the device’s door to open web interface on your phone’s screen
- fill in required information to register. Note, that the device’s serial number is automatically populated.
- Registration by using QR code:
- scan QR code on the device packaging (the folio inside the packaging that contains user documents) to open web interface
- take a picture of the label on the packaging to capture the serial number of your device
- device’s serial number is automatically populated. If not, please take a picture of the label outside the packaging box to capture the serial number of your device
- fill in required information to register your device
How can I upgrade the firmware of my IQOS 3 Pocket Charger to use it with IQOS 3 DUO Holder?
If you already have an IQOS 3 device and would like to use your IQOS 3 DUO Holder with the IQOS 3 Pocket Charger, you might need to upgrade your firmware.
To understand whether your current IQOS 3 requires an upgrade, do the following:
- Fully charge your IQOS 3 DUO Holder and insert it in the IQOS 3 Pocket Charger
- Press the Pocket Charger button to check the Holder status light:
- If the light blinks once – need upgrade
- If the light blinks twice – no need for upgrade
After the upgrade you will be able to charge and use your IQOS 3 DUO Holder with the IQOS 3 Pocket Charger.
What is a New ProtectPlus™ System?
IQOS ProtectPlus™ introduces a number of improved features related to design and technology to redefine the concept of protection and reliability of IQOS 3™:
- robust outer shell improves shock resistance of the device
- new side door opening tested to guarantee reliable device performance
- new technology provides longer battery life
- electronic chamber* of your IQOS 3™ Holder has been redesigned for improved device reliability